Australian Waxing Company is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out the Australian
Privacy Principles concerning the personal information of individuals.
What information do we collect?
We collect solicited personal information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When interacting with our website, where appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, phone number and other personal information where it is reasonably necessary for one or more of the business’s functions or activities. You may, however, visit our site anonymously or choose to use a pseudonym. Should we receive unsolicited personal information that does not meet the conditions set above, we will destroy or
de-identify the information as soon as practicable but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the necessary information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
• To personalise your experience - (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
• To address feedback - (we may contact you in response to your feedback submitted through our surveys)
• To improve our website -(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
• To send periodic emails -The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
• To provide you targeted advertising based on your interests, either on our website or on third party advertising networks. If you do not wish your information be used for this purpose, you may opt out by emailing [email protected]
How do we protect your information?
All personal information you provide to us is stored in our secure database. Reasonable steps have been implemented in order to protect your personal information from interference, misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification, and disclosure when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. Those third parties may be located overseas and to the extent to which is practicable to specify the countries in which such third parties are likely to be located, we advise that they include the United States. By providing your personal information, you agree to the sharing of your personal information with third parties outside of Australia. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However,
non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have
no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
The services contained in this section enable Australian Waxing Company to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behaviour.
Google Analytics (Google)
Opting-Out and Unsubscribing
If at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include an unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email. You may also choose to contact us using the contact information provided under the section ‘Contact Us‘. We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal details are up to date, correct, and complete. At any time, you have the right to:
• Review the personal information you have supplied us
• Request that your personal information may not be used to contact you
• Request that your personal information is removed from any solicited list used by us
• Request that your personal information is deleted from our records
• To opt out of being solicited by Australian Waxing Company
Access to your information
You may, at any time, request access to the personal information which we hold about you by sending an email to [email protected] we will respond to such request within a reasonable time of it being received by us, without any charge to you. We will endeavour to provide access in the manner requested by you if it is reasonable and practicable to do so, otherwise we will take such steps as are reasonable to provide access in a way that meets both your and our needs. If we refuse your request
for access on any ground permitted by law, we will give you written notice in accordance with the Privacy Act including setting out the ground(s) for the refusal (except to the extent that, having regard to the ground(s) of the refusal, it would be unreasonable to do so) and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal.
Correction of personal information